Changing CRC'd files = all damage is 1

Found something interesting to mod? Post it here.
Mr.Yeah

Re: Changing CRC'd files = all damage is 1

Post by Mr.Yeah » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:11 pm

I added you, Angelo and Patrickssj6, to my Steam friends list.

Angelo
Site Admin

Post by Angelo » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:21 pm

Mr.Yeah wrote:I added you, Angelo and Patrickssj6, to my Steam friends list.

Patrickssj6

Post by Patrickssj6 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:47 pm

I will come home in 9 hours. :lol:

Might be better if you move this thread into a priv section...

Angelo
Site Admin

Post by Angelo » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Actually...

Mr.Yeah and Patrickssj6, check the forum index :)

m0b0ss

Post by m0b0ss » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:48 pm

Hi all,
I've bookmarked this thread since its creation and, seeing the last events, many questions came to my mind.
The most important one(s) regards the last patch and particularly, as you may guess, this part:

"Added file validation check on first run of new versions to ensure that no files are corrupted due to a faulty update download"

What does it mean? How will it influence the "customization potential" that those txt files have?

I noticed that a patch was made to bypass the CRC check (and rest assured that I won't post it), and I read that now this vulnerability has been removed, so (another question :P ) does this mean we won't be able to customize our game through these txt files unless the removal of the check come from T17 itself?

P.S. I'm aware of the cheating possibility this system had and I understand and share your point of view on the matter, but since I mainly play on local multiplayer, I am eagerly awaiting a patch that can allow me to customize as much as possible without reducing the damage to 1, and maybe leaving the multiplayer option greyed out.

Thank you in advance and pardon my english.

Angelo
Site Admin

Post by Angelo » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:06 pm

m0b0ss wrote:"Added file validation check on first run of new versions to ensure that no files are corrupted due to a faulty update download"

What does it mean? How will it influence the "customization potential" that those txt files have?
Apparantly, it does not. I just tried, and as the above line says: "on first run". So their checks are completely useless. Run a first boot after updating, shut down game, change txt files, boot game. You can play single player with still the 1-damage-for-everything-when-wrong-crc crap. So: the modding possibilities have not come to a complete halt yet.

Also, welcome to the Wormgineers forums :)

WRModder

Post by WRModder » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:15 pm

I know how to fix Modified files that are CRC checked.
once you modify a file you run the program, set everything and then click execute and it makes it work in-game

I dont claim the credit for the program im just supplying it, it was originally made by SuperNovaAO

Angelo
Site Admin

Post by Angelo » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:56 pm

Ehmm, that program was made by Patricksj here on Wormgineers.

Patrickssj6

Post by Patrickssj6 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:10 am

Link to the program? I thought I was the only one that released one.

Angelo
Site Admin

Post by Angelo » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:26 pm

Patrickssj6 wrote:Link to the program? I thought I was the only one that released one.
I google'd for quite a while, but couldn't find anything.

Dudermn

Post by Dudermn » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:35 am

Until I'm done you can use another solution:
  • Calculate the CRC-32 hash of the original file (f.e. 12 34 56 78) and your modded file (f.e. 90 AB CD EF).
  • Open WormsReloaded.exe in a hex editor.
  • Swap the bytes of your hashes because they are saved in the little-endian format.
    In our example, now the original hex is 78 56 34 12 and the modded hex is EF CD AB 90.
  • Search for the original hex and replace it with your modded hex (f.e. replace 78 56 34 12 with EF CD AB 90).
  • Save WormsReloaded.exe.
[/code][/list][/quote]

So yea, I tried that and got stuck when I had to find the hex'es of the original files.
Where exactly does someone find out the hexes???? Or how ???

The program you guys made doesn't work because some people don't like steam and took their liberties into account, cracked the game, and signed a no-one will help me if I do this contract with the devil.:)

I get drunk one night with my friends and decide to mod worms reloaded and it breaks.
I use a non-steam cracked version just cause I don't use steam....If I bought the game or not and if I have a steam account or not is irrelevant. Because Steam will delete everybodys profiles and team standing....If I'm not careful...(it happened before) (and it'll also bother me with a bunch of bullocks that I don't need to see when hanging out with friends playing worms in a room with no internet access.)
So I think the only solution I have is to play armageddon ?
Because now I'm gonna get trolled for not using steam and be seen as a pirate with a warezed version of the game?

Anyways it was my mistake for not backing up, like duh...How can you edit a file and not back it up, its soooo easy to do just copy and paste it on the desktop....

But for everyone else that wants to mod this game, Does anyone care or is it really that un-popular of a game?
I remember laughing at my friends for playing worms a long time ago while I was playing Porche Unleashed, I'm pretty sure today people who play crisis laugh at people who play reloaded :|