Do you want to insert an image into Worms Reloaded to use as a map? You've come to the right place. Here I will explain how to do it. It's very simple.How to make a map in Paint.net
1) Open PDN.
2) Make an image with the the dimensions of the width being the double of the height. The exact size of the in-game maps will always be 2560x1280, so I'd prefer to use that size, else the image will be resized.
3) Press CTRL+A, then press delete.
4) Draw the map you want, make sure to have somewhat thick black outlines to make the map look better.
5) Follow the steps below the photoshop tutorialHow to make a map in Photoshop
(Thanks to p5ychokilla on the Steam forums for this)
1) Make an image with the the dimensions of the width being the double of the height. The exact size of the in-game maps will always be 2560x1280, so I'd prefer to use that size, else the image will be resized.
2) Make sure the background is totally black.
3) Insert all the images you want and edit it all so it looks the way you want.
4) Flatten the image, i.e. merge all the layers
5) Go into the Channels palette and create an alpha channel (with the icon that looks like a folded page at the bottom)
6) Anything you want visible will be totally white in the alpha channel, anything you want hidden will be black. So, basically you want everything you inserted to be white in the alpha channel and you want the black background to be black in the alpha channel also.
7) Easiest way to do this is use the magic wand to select all the black on your picture then invert your selection and go to the alpha channel and just paint all your new selection white.
8) Again, make sure to have somewhat thick black outlines to make the map look better.
9) Follow the steps belowHow to make a map in The Gimp
Check out this post
You can also make images have a transparency of 99% and less by filling an area in the alpha channel with grayvalue 253 (Photoshop) or layer transparancy 253 or less (Paint.net)Afterwards:
1) Save the TGA image you made to %steamfolder%\steamapps\common\worms reloaded\UserLandscapes\
2) Open Worms Reloaded, go to the landscape editor
3) Click the 'load landscape' button, select your TGA file
4) Add everything(worms, mines, oil drums) to your map, save it to the same name as your TGA.
And there you go, you inserted an image into Worms Reloaded.
Be sure that, if you release the map that is made from an image, to make it a rar/zip file containing the .kev file, .lds file, but NOT the TGA file!
You can also just ONLY include the tga file, but it isn't recommended.
You might want to check out this tool if you want to edit the landscape (background) of your map.http://wormgineers.com/index.php?page=File&id=227