Wormgineers

The place to discuss modding and Worms.

Back to Wormgineers.com

It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:39 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Custom maps don't work with online friends
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:17 am 

Hi all, this is my first post since this is the reason I joined this fansite :)

I have three friends that I play worms reloaded with online with skype. We love this game, especially since they fixed the online lobby issue! (finally!!) All of us bought the game on Steam and are playing with fully patched software.

However, we cannot seem to be able to play custom maps properly. I wondered if this was an known issue with the game and searched online but haven't found anything that exactly describes the issue we are having. I certainly haven't found lots of people complaining about similar issues anyways. (this I joined this forum)

When friends and I play a custom map that I've created, the game loads up ok for all of us, but my friends see my map overlayed with a random map. It's hard to describe but it's messed up and doesn't work.

Anyone got any idea how to troubleshoot or fix this issue? We would like to play custom maps!

I tried sending the map LDS file to one friend. He copied it to the same folder on his PC (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\worms reloaded\UserLandscapes) and still it won't work. We're not sure what to try next.

If anyone can help me I would be greatly appreciative :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Custom maps don't work with online friends
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:45 pm 
Site Admin

If you downloaded a map from here that's a .kev and .lds, your friends need to have both of those files.

Otherwise, if that's not the case, I'd say this is a bug in Worms: Reloaded. Try posting your issue on the official Team17 forums.

Post subject: Re: Custom maps don't work with online friends
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:44 pm 

I didn't download a map from the forums here. It was one I created myself.

So did I simply miss providing the .KEV file to my friends ? I'll check this out when I get home later.

Posting on the Team17 forums is a nice idea but a bit of a joke in reality. There's so many whiners on there that getting a legitimate complaint noticed would be difficult indeed. I may try though.

Thanks for your reply! 8-)